August 5th. That’s the last time I posted something. Holy s(censored: my mom reads these!). It’s a gloomy, chilly, rainy day here in Austin. And the first go at this sounded like something a brooding heartthrob in a YA novel would journal about. A quick excerpt:
I’m sitting here, staring out at the grey skies and trying to think of what to write – what to share. I’m caught up in remembering why Ale, Pam and I started this blog, what we wanted to achieve–
Nah, ain’t nobody got time for that. Guys, I cleaned off my desk for this, so pay attention. I know it’s been awhile, sorry about that. But …We’re back! Well… mostly. Anyway. I guess you want some sort of explanation? No? Well you’re getting one any way. A lot has happened since August 5th.
- I got a promotion
- My roommate got a promotion
- My best friend got a promotion
- (look at my squad, y’all)
- Discovered X Ambassadors
(but please stop playing Renegades everywhere. It’s not that great)
- Started eating healthy
- Stopped eating healthy
- Swore off Fireball
- Had several shots of fireball since
- Started drinking less coffee
- admittedly, I’ve had three small cups today
- and i bought 4 new coffee mugs
- Started sleeping more
- I lost like 15 pounds
- Correction: I lost like 15 pounds and you can’t really tell
- I started kickboxing
- I stopped kickboxing
- Learned that having long hair means occasionally chewing on it by accident
- Fell in love with a Podcasts host
- Joined a wine club
- Deleted Tinder
- Looked for a new apartment
Found a new apartment
- Wrote a bunch of nonsense that none of you will ever read
- I got bangs again
- Read the Martian
- Boycotted Matt Damon*
- Went to a few concerts
Fell in love with the entire firehouse across the street
So yeah. Clearly I’ve been busy! But! I’ll start from the top.
Some time ago, I wrote a post about new beginnings or something like that, that went on about jobs and finding a job that you liked and such, blah, blah. Well I’m happy to say I found it. I found a great spot where I am happy and healthy and loving what I do. Apparently they like me too and decided that I should have more things to do. I’ll take it!
More of those work things, unfortunately meant less time for my beloved blog. Wait for the single shed tear… but in all seriousness. It’s pretty great.
On to the next one. AND BEFORE YOU EXIT OUT OF THE POST, I am not going to talk about all of these. Geez calm down.
So yeah, my roommate got a promotion and it’s awesome. I’m so happy for her and she deserves all of it! But… I’m freaking out a bit.
Around 8 years ago, I met this girl in line at a Mayday Parade concert. Okay so technically I was eavesdropping and basically kept inserting myself into her conversation with her friend. Who knew I was so rude? Anyway, it paid off because after that we became Myspace friends! We kept in touch, went to a bunch of concert together. And then six years ago we got an apartment together and now she’s one of my best friends, actually more like family. “IT’S THE END OF AN ERA”, they say (I’m sure someone said it). “What are you going to do?” they ask. “How do you like living alone?” Well, my friends. I don’t like it one bit.
Sure, I get to clean up whenever I want, I don’t feel bad about leaving my coffee mugs around, and the AC has not gone below 75 degrees. But I’ve realized a few things about myself.
1) I don’t like being by myself. Like even if we’re on different sides of the apartment and I have no intention of leaving my room to go and talk to someone, I like the idea of having them around!
2) Even though my roommate didn’t drink, and more so watching me dance like an idiot in my infamous one-woman-dance parties, it’s a lot less fun to turn your living room into a dance club when there’s no one there to laugh at you when you trip over the ottoman cube or silently judge you into not having that third glass of wine.
3) I’m terrified of a lot of things. I’ve always known this about myself, but damn, there’s nothing like walking into an empty apartment and then suddenly thinking there’s someone hiding behind your curtains. NOT GOOD.
So yeah, being alone sucks. I’m not really surprised by this. Coming from the person who practically forces people to be friends with her ( I DON’T SEE THEM COMPLAINING THO), there’s no doubt that I would want someone to share my space with.
I have three more months of solitude ahead, so anything could happen. *Ellie Goulding’s Anything Could Happen fades in*
I could learn to love it.
I could continue to hate it.
I could get a cat.
But for now, I’m just gonna dance it out.
See you guys next time.
*Still boycotting Matt Damon. Anyone want my 7 copies of the Bourne Identity?